Sunday, September 27, 2015

Fall 2015 Capsule Wardrobe - I’m In!

I have been thinking about making a capsule wardrobe for the past year and I’m finally taking the plunge.  Over the past couple of years I’ve been slowly culling my wardrobe (and my stuff in general) and I’m excited about taking a new challenge and trying project 333.  Please visit Courtney Carver’s Project 333 (linked here) for more information on the concept!

Capsule dressing with project 333 basically means that I'm selecting 33 key items for the season by going through my clothing and picking out what I would like to wear in the next  three months.  It also means that I'm going to box up everything else that's not necessary for the upcoming season or that's not inspiring.  As I'm writing this, my first capsule wardrobe is almost complete and I’m pretty darn excited about it.  I'm excited, not because I'm looking to become a fashionista and have the intention to turn this website into a fashion blog, but I'm excited because I'm interested in living intentionally, minimally and stepping away from excess and consumerism... all of which capsule dressing promotes.  





So let's talk through what is happening with capsule.  The pictures show all the items in the capsule and I will have to say that I decided to exclude sleepwear, undergarments, exercise clothing and jewelry.


Here is a list of the items I selected:

T O P S   (4)
1 - sleeveless green and blue patterned blouse
2 - grey short sleeve lace shirt
3 - white button down blouse with dark blue trim
4 - chambray button down shirt

S W E A T E R S   (7)
5 - blue and white embellished sweater
6 - blue and red embellished sweater
7 - dark green v-neck sweater
8 - cream knit sweater
9 - grey cardigan
10 - mustard cardigan
11 - black fleece vest

D R E S S E S   (2)
12 - black lace dress
13 - red, white and blue striped dress

O U T E R W E A R   (5)
14 - black blazer
15 - jean jacket
16 - fuchsia peacoat
17 - green parker
18 - fleece pullover

B O T T O M S   (5)
19 - dark blue jeans
20 - black slacks
21 - black leggings
22 - maroon corduroy pants
23 - lace skirt

S H O E S   (3)
24 - black chunky heel boots
25 - brown chunky heel sandal
26 - black flats

A C C E S S O R I E S   (6)
27 - blue striped scarf
28 - black gloves
29 - black fleece headband
30 - red beanie
31 - jewelry: wedding ring/band, rose-gold watch, pandora bracelet, beaded necklace, long dainty necklace, 2 pair of stud ear-rings
32 - black work tote
33 - ???






















The official start of this for me is October 1st.  I'm excited!  

Combinations so far:


October

1 - grey short sleeve lace skirt, blue jeans, brown chunky heel sandals 
2 - blue and white embellished sweater, blue jeans, black chunky heel boots, green parker, red beanie
3 - maroon corduroy pants, cream knit sweater, brown chunky heel sandal, green parker
4 - lace skirt, sleeveless green and blue patterned blouse, no shoes (because the day was spend at home)


I hope everyone is having a good week.


♡ Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment