Sunday, April 9, 2017

My Spring Capsule Wardrobe 2017


This is capsule number 7 for me!  I'm still happy with the concept and I'm also still learning from it.  I'm learning how little I need, I learning which colors, fabrics and styles I like and I'm learning to dress for comfort and as a form of self-expression.  Each spring I’m excited to grab some lighter pieces from my clothing box and wear them.  I’m so over wearing a million layers just to stay warm and I know this will stop soon, but we're not there yet.  Where I live the temperature in Spring can swing between 30 and 70 degrees and it is also the time of year when it rains the most, so it's difficult to know how to dress.  I might get excited by how sunny it is outside and when I step into the icy breeze without a jacket I instantly regret my choices.  Some days start in the mid 30s and by lunchtime the temperatures climbed into the 60s.  When I take a train to work I'm dressed for an arctic excursion and on my way home my scarf, hat and coat are no longer in service (usually stuffed into a cotton tote).  How is Spring where you live?



























Here is my selection for Spring 2017:
(As usual, I will mark all new items with a * and I will show the brand name of ethical made vegan items.)

S H O R T   S L E E V E   T O P S   (2)

1 - white/blue striped t-shirt
2 - blush pink sleeveless blouse

L O N G   S L E E V E   T O P S   (11)

3 - white long sleeve button down
4 - white and blue peplum button down
5 - buffalo check flannel peplum
6 - black turtleneck sweater 
7 - olive green v-neck sweater
8 - navy blue sweater
9 - cream knit sweater
10 - grey cardigan
11 - navy blue swing cardigan

D R E S S E S   (2)

12 - blue patterned wrap dress
13 - black and white sleeveless flare dress* (new to me from a used clothing swap)

O U T E R W E A R   (3)
14 - fleece sweater* PATAGONIA
15 - black peacoat
16 - olive green parker

B O T T O M S   (3)

17 - light blue jeans
18 - indigo jeans PATAGONIA
19 - white jeans* (new to me from a used clothing swap)

S H O E S   (4)

20 - black lace up boots NICORA SHOES
21 - black lace up heeled boots* NICORA SHOES
22 - white tennis shoes
23 - black hiking sandals

A C C E S S O R I E S   (7)

24 - grey camera/work bag
25 - black wallet VELO CITY BAGS
26 - black adjustable belt
27 - sunglasses
28 - black beanie
29 - black scarf
30 - everyday jewelry: wedding ring/band, watch*, pandora bracelet and 1 pair of stud earrings*


What is in your capsule this season?  I’d love to hear about your choices for spring if you care to share.  For more information on the concept of capsule dressing, I recommend visiting Courtney Carver's website (linked here). 



Thanks for stopping by!
   ♡ Nina


No comments :

Post a Comment