Thursday, January 5, 2023

Minimalist Winter 2022 Capsule Wardrobe 🎄

I always think that ones home reflects how we feel inside our body mentally and physically.
So when a space does not feel cozy and warm and clean, it does have an impact on my mood.
Lately, I get the feeling that on the surface everything is clean, organized and tidy, but inside some of my drawers and closets it looks a bit... ruffled. I'm dealing with some extra stuff that's not meant to be there.

- Extra, extra clothing bits like camisoles and undershirts that I should probably be more intentional with and keep just a few out for each season.
- Slime making, art supplies, tennis rackets and balls got stored in the closet.  
Not good.

And while I'm switching over my capsule wardrobe to my winter pieces I'm determined to also tackle the extra stuff situation with reorganization, cleaning and decluttering.


                                                                                                                                         
"Your home is an extension of your energy field.
This is why practices like cleaning your home,
rearranging furniture, organizing your closet
 and getting rid of objects that are cluttering 
your space can have a profound impact on 
your own mind, body, and spirit."
- Maryam Hasnaa


CAPSULE     INTENTIONS

With every capsule season I set a few intentions I like to let roll around in my mind and work on.  This time it's the following:
- inventory and reorganize my out of season clothing
- take photos of my closets (maybe these visuals will help me improve these closet spaces) 
- find laundry solution separate from my husband's 
- look to incorporate special occasion wear in future capsules:holiday wear (Christmas sweater or pjs, 4th of July tees or festive accessories etc) Airstream (flamingo mascot) and camping themed clothing and jewelry 













W I N T E R    2 0 2 2   C A P S U L E   W A R D R O B E


So, let's have a look at the pieces in my winter capsule. 
(As usual, I mark 'new' additions to my capsule with a * and new second hand pieces with **.  Additionally, I don't count accessories towards the 33 pieces of my capsule, but I will list them here anyways.)

JACKETS       

1- cream peacoat
2- tan knit poncho
3- teal fleece sweater
4- Pendleton flannel shirt
5- green jacket

TOPS  

6- light green bodysuit
7- white linen tank
8- white linen blouse
9- blue Alumalina graphic tee * (2022 Alumalina Airstream Rally tee)
10- light green linen tunic


LONG SLEEVE TOPS 

11- white v-neck sweater
12- cream v-neck sweater
13- red v-neck sweater ** (thrifted this past summer)
14- cream color block sweater
15- mustard yellow sweater
16- cream turtleneck sweater
17- white adventure shirt
18- white lace ruffle top
19- white lace blouse

DRESSES   +   SKIRTS  

20- navy blue wool dress
21- green mini skirt ** (thrifted in summer and altered)

BOTTOMS   

22- cream/tan houndstooth pants
23- blue jeans
24- blue skinny jeans
25- blue distressed jeans
26- dark green pants
27- green leggings
28- black leggings

SHOES 

29- silver sneakers
30- brown flats ** (thrifted this past summer)
31- tan heeled booties
32- black heeled booties
33- brown cowboy boots

ACCESSORIES (not counted)  

- everyday jewelry
- sunglasses ** (my old ones broke, but the same week I found a pair of blue/purple tinted shades while walking through a field... they will do for now)
- black handbag
- grey camera bag
- colorful woven market tote * (a birthday gift from my cousin)
- white beanie 
- black gloves
- swimwear
- bathrobe
- shower shoes
- yoga jumpsuits x2
- sleepwear
- underwear
- socks
- house slippers

OTHER (not counted)    

- bathrobe
- yoga outfits
- sleepwear (2 nightgowns, 1 pair of sweatpants with 2 matching tops, 2 camisoles) 
- shower slides


Thank you for checking out my winter capsule.  I hope you could find some inspiration for your own. 🎄 💨 ❄️

   ♡ Nina

 

No comments :

Post a Comment