Sunday, September 11, 2022

Minimalist Fall 2022 Capsule Wardrobe 🍁 🍂

Summer is my favourite time of year and it's currently coming to an end.  I feel the seasons shifting and the nights are cooling quickly to the point where I don't want to be outside for long.  

Anything below 53℉ is no fun for me. 💨 

It is hard for me at accept that winter will be here soon.  I had a tough time last winter and I'm really apprehensive for the cold to come. 

I'm not ready for it.
I much prefer being carefree and warm in summer over all the effort it takes to keep warm in winter.
Because of this I panic a bit each fall.  And it results in the biggest wardrobe change with the most additions of all seasons.  It happens every fall.
This year I added:
- socks
- underpants
- 2 leggings
- sweatpants
- a beanie
- and 4 sweaters







  "I think everything in life is art.
What you do.
How you dress.
The way you love someone, and how you talk.
Your smile and your personality.
What you believe in, and all your dreams.
The way you drink your tea.
How you decorate your home. Or party.
Your grocery list.
The food you make.
How your writing looks.
And the way you feel.
              Life is art."            

                                          - Helena Bonham Carter
                                                                                                                                           




For my seasonal capsules I follow the rules of the minimalist fashion challenge Project 333.  This challenge was created by Courtney Carver.  I will link her website that show her rules for capsule dressing here
I got started with Project 333 in the fall of 2015 and I love it. 
You can find all my seasonal capsule wardrobes here.

CAPSULE     INTENTIONS
With every capsule season I set a few intentions I like to work on.  This time it's the following:

- get more creative with accessories and jewelry that I own.  Normally I just wear the same earrings until I buy a new pair and then wear them for years.  But I now have a small (very small) collection of pretty pieces that I could pair with different outfits.
- focus on skincare and how it and simple pops of makeup lighten my outfits.  How would a practical daily routine look like?  2023 New Years Resolution? 
- deep clean and condition shoes and retire those that are worn out. Goodbye holy rain boots 😭




(I'm all bundled up at New River Gorge National Park in West Virginia.)



F A L L   2 0 2 2   C A P S U L E   W A R D R O B E

So, let's have a look at the pieces in my fall capsule. 
(As usual, I mark 'new' additions to my capsule with a * and new second hand pieces with **.  Additionally, I don't count accessories towards the 33 pieces of my capsule, but I will list them here anyways.)

JACKETS       

1- white jean jacket
2- tan knit poncho
3- teal fleece sweater
4- Pendleton flannel shirt
5- green jacket
6- cream peacoat

TOPS  

7- white linen tank
8- white linen blouse
9- green Yellowstone graphic tee
10- light green linen tunic
11- white adventure shirt
12- white v-neck tee

LONG SLEEVE TOPS 

13- white v-neck sweater **
14- cream v-neck sweater **
15- cream color block sweater **
16- mustard yellow sweater **
17- light pink sweater cardigan
18- white adventure shirt
19- lace ruffle top

DRESSES   +   SKIRTS  

20- navy blue mini dress
21- white maxi lace dress

BOTTOMS   

22- blue jean shorts
23- blue jeans
24- blue skinny jeans
25- blue distressed jeans
26- dark green pants
27- green leggings **
28- black leggings **

SHOES 

29- silver sneakers
30- tan heeled booties
31- black heeled booties
32- black hiking boots
33- brown cowboy boots ** (thrifted while traveling)

ACCESSORIES (not counted)  

- everyday jewelry
- sunglasses
- black handbag
- white beanie **
- black gloves

OTHER (not counted)    

- bathrobe
- yoga outfits
- sleepwear (2 nightgowns, 1 pair of sweatpants with 2 matching tops, 2 camisoles) 
- shower slides


Thank you for checking out my fall capsule.  I hope you could find some inspiration for your own. 🍁 🍂

   ♡ Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment