Sunday, November 23, 2014

Cinnamon, Beet + Orange Juice

Looking for extra oomph?  Try juices made with oranges and beets.  I like to drink my fruit and vegetable juices when I am getting home from work in the late afternoon.  It's a good pick-me-up.

Beets are tremendously vibrant in color and they yield a good amount gorgeously red juice;  however it's crucial to spice the beets and to combine them with fruit juices.  Otherwise, your juice will turn into a nice, red glass of...mud (just saying).  We juiced one very large beet with some oranges, added carrots to add sweetness, one stalk of celery for a bit of a salty flavor and a good amount of cinnamon to blend all the flavors.










I N G R E D I E N T S

2 large Carrots;  trimmed
1 large Beet;  trimmed
4 Oranges;  peeled
1 stalk Celery
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
 

P R E P A R A T I O N S

Wash and clean all fresh produce.  Then cut the greens of the carrots and beets.
Process the carrots, celery, beets and oranges through a juicer.
Add the cinnamon to the juice and stir to combine.
Pour into a large glass and serve immediately.
SignatureEnd
       Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment