Monday, November 24, 2014

On-the-go Breakfast Oatmeal

Breakfast in a jar.  I know, it sounds gimmicky, but it's what I have most mornings;  it's a practical grab and go breakfast and pretty yummy as well.  I understand there is a lack of breakfast recipes on this blog mainly because my breakfast choices are nothing extraordinary and rarely require a recipe.  I love a good mono-meal of fruit and I'm also a big fan of oatmeal in the morning.  Most of the time I'm actually having my breakfast on the train as the sun comes up.  At this time, I'm a little more awake and I don't feel rushed.









I N G R E D I E N T S

1 cup Rolled Oats;  I prefer the gluten-free kind

2 cups unsweetened Coconut Milk

4 Tbsp. Applesauce;  the unsweetened kind or homemade

1 Tbsp. Walnuts;  chopped

1/4 tsp. Cinnamon

fresh fruit of choice

  
P R E P A R A T I O N S

Layer the dry ingredients in the jar, then add the apple sauce and pour in the coconut milk.  

As a final step, add the fruit and close the lid.

If you take this breakfast to work or to school, don't forget to pack a napkin and a spoon.  P.S. the oatmeal is usually creamy and nicely cinnamon-y after about 20 minutes, but it will hold a nice flavor and texture throughout the day.
   




       Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment