Monday, December 29, 2014

Parsley and Pear Juice

Parsley, parsley, parsley!  My favorite herb strikes again!  This weeks recipe is one of my favorite juices to date.  Pears are a marvelous winter fruit, who's season lasts quite a ways from the late summer into the winter.  The only problem with pears are that they are hard to find ripe in the store.  When choosing a pear lightly pinch the top end of the neck and if it yields, it is ripe. 

Fortunately, for our purposes, underripe pears will provide juice that is just as nice.  The crisp refreshing juice from the pear, the tart sweetness from the apple are tempered nicely with the earthiness of the herb.  Overall, this makes for  a delightful winter juice to freshen up your morning!  Or afternoon.  Oh, what am I saying, it's probably good at any time of the day.









I N G R E D I E N T S

1/2 bunch of fresh Parsley

2 Bartlett Pears

2 Granny Smith Apples



P R E P A R A T I O N S

Wash and clean all fresh produce. 

Process the apples, pears and the parsley through a juicer.  I recommend placing the 
parsley between the pears while pressing it down through the feeding tube so that it is easier to process and can yield more juice.

Pour into a large glass and serve immediately.
SignatureEnd
       Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment