Saturday, June 1, 2019

My Summer Capsule Wardrobe 2019 ☀️

This summer, I’m trying a more edited approach with my capsule wardrobe.  Not just picking my favorite summer pieces, but I also like to stick to a color scheme. This is a new concept for me so for my first attempt at it I decided to strip all color from the capsule in order to get creative with all my basics: 

WHITES
BLUES
and
BLACKS.



Here are my summer capsule pieces:
(new items are marked with a *, second hand pieces with **, sewn*** )

J A C K E T S   (3)
- grey blazer
- jean jacket
- black cardigan**

S H O R T   S L E E V E   T O P S   (6)
- white camisole
- black silk camisole
- white with blue striped t-shirt
- black linen top
- white lace blouse
- white 'adventure' top

L O N G   S L E E V E   T O P S   (3)
- black sweater
- black silk blouse 
- white/blue peplum blouse

D R E S S E S   +   S K I R T S   (7)
- white eyelet lace skirt & blouse set**
- white lace dress
- cream flower maxi dress
- navy blue mini dress
- blue striped bow dress*
- brown striped bow dress*
- blue printed wrap skirt
- leopard print silk skirt***

B O T T O M S   (5)
- white jeans
- high waisted jeans
- cream corduroy pants
- black linen jumpsuit
- tan shorts

S H O E S   (5)
- white tennis shoes
- black flats
- black heeled sides
- brown sandals
- brown block heel sandals

A C C E S S O R I E S   (3)
- everyday jewelry
- sunglasses 
- black and white belt



SUMMER CAPSULE REVIEW
I was struggling with breakouts on my neck and chest from asthma and food allergies.  These breakouts made me not want to wear the strappy numbers.  I am not comfortable to have these yucky breakouts on show.
I also learned that a blazer in summer is overkill and so are the corduroy pants.
I loved being able to use the accessories - jewelry and shoes - to build an outfit.  I'm saying outfit, because I felt that I learned this summer how to choose things to wear intentionally to make a look instead of just throwing on clothes that kind of go together.
I also noticed I lost weight these past months by how loosely my pants fit now.


FAVOURITE + MOST WORN ITEMS
Favourite + Most Worn Items
- new jewelry pieces (small hoop earrings and 3 gold stacking rings)
- black cashmere cardigan
- black belt
- blue high waisted jeans
- both striped bow dresses
- brown sandals


   ♡ Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment