Sunday, December 1, 2019

My Winter Capsule Wardrobe 2019 🌲

My winter capsule runs from December to the end of February and this year I choose RED to be the color of the season. 
All year I had set my red clothing to one side, reserving them to wear around Christmas time.
I thought this would be fun. 

Selecting a seasonal color worked well for my summer and fall capsule.

But this time, something isn't right.  

I'm not exactly thrilled with the look of my capsule.  
Never before have I gone into a capsule season with such doubt.  
I normally start off really happy with my selection and then in the course of the capsule I learn something about myself or about my preferences and needs and then I know how to do better next time.

But this capsule feels different.  
It's not that I don't like the red items I selected.  I do!  
And theoretically they will be nice for festive dressing this December.
The real concern is that I'm not sure red suits me.  
Sure, some items work better then others.  For example, I love wearing my red maxi dress, but find myself changing out of my other red clothes before leaving the house or getting my picture taken.  
Is this a sign?

I suppose, at the end of this capsule season I will have my answer.

Until then I can wear each piece a bunch and take note how I feel wearing it.
And hopefully I get to snap a few photos or outfit pictures to get a more objective look at myself.
I can't shake the feeling that there is a big donation run in my future 🙈









But for now, let's have a look at the items in my winter capsule:
(new to me items, pieces bought second hand, are marked with a *)

J A C K E T S   (4)

- black peacoat
- tan peacoat
- grey jacket
- tan knit poncho


T O P S   (4)
- white camisole
- blue/white striped t-shirt
- red blouse
- printed blouse
- white henley



















L O N G   S L E E V E   T O P S   (7)
- red turtleneck sweater
- light pink sweater
- cream braided sweater
- black sweater
- navy blue turtleneck sweater
- open black cardigan
- buffalo check peplum shirt











D R E S S E S   (3)
navy blue pleated dress
- denim dress
- red maxi dress




B O T T O M S   (5)
- embroidered high waisted jeans
- indigo jeans
- mid wash high waisted jeans
- white jeans
- navy blue maxi skirt





S H O E S   (6)
- black rain boots
- tan heeled boots
- black boots NICORA
- black lace up heeled boots NICORA
- tan winter boots*
- brown riding boot


A C C E S S O R I E S   
- everyday jewelry
- scarves (x3: a plaid, a white + a black)
- sunglasses
- teal handbag
- black gloves
- black, brown and white belts
- felt hat









Thanks for reading and a very happy, healthy new year to you!

   ♡ Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment