Monday, July 20, 2020

Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's been tasty every time I made those cookies in the past few years and it would be a shame not to share this yummy recipe.  
I have also found a solution to my cookie problem.  The problem being having no self-restrained with homemade cookies and eating the whole batch in an unreasonably short amount of time. 🙈


The solution to this gluttony is freezing before baking.


Recently, I started freezing the cookie dough at the stage where I had the cookies already shaped into small round balls.  This way, I don't have to make the whole batch of cookies in one swoop and it allows me to bakes off just a few cookies for dessert.  I'm not sure why I hadn't thought about this sooner. 



This recipe makes 24 cookies. 



I N G R E D I E N T S:

2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour

1 Tbsp. Cornstarch

1 tsp. Baking Soda

3/4 tsp. Salt

1 cup Vegan Butter (I like Earth Balance); cold and cut into chunks

3/4 cup Brown Sugar

3/4 cup Sugar

1/4 cup Water

1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract



1 cup Semisweet Vegan Chocolate Chips (I like using the mini ones best)

1 cup raw Walnuts; chopped



    P R E P A R A T I O N:

    First, I add all the ingredients besides the chocolate chips and the walnuts into a food processor/mixer and blend until everything comes together into a smooth dough.

    Then I transfer the dough into a large mixing bowl and work in the nuts and chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed. I scoop with a tablespoon to portion the dough and then form each portion into a small ball with my hands before placing the cookie dough onto a baking sheet.  It's important to leave some space between each cookie so that it can spread when it bakes.

    Now, it is possible to bake the cookies right away, but for me they always have a much nicer shape and texture if I pop the trays of cookies in the fridge for a bit and don't take them out until it's time for them to go into the oven.

    (Now is also the time to save some of the cookie dough balls for later.  They freeze well in a glass bowl with a lid.  The only issue here is that my husband likes to eat those frozen cookie dough balls as is before I get to bake them 🙈😒)

    While the cookies chill in the fridge, I preheat the oven to 350℉.

    I bake each tray of cookies for 9-12 minutes.  The baking time might vary depending on the oven, but the cookies are done when they are getting slightly brown around the edges.  At this point I remove the tray from the oven and let them cool as long as I can stand to wait before having a sampling.
    SignatureEnd
            Nina

    No comments :

    Post a Comment