Sunday, March 7, 2021

Spring 2021 Capsule Wardrobe ✨

I'm doing yet another season of capsule dressing according to the rules of Project 333.  I've been doing so consecutively since the fall of 2016 and I really love it. 

Where I live, Spring does NOT require lighter clothing.  Technically I could still wear my winter capsule all the way through May without breaking a sweat.  

While the coldest month of winter, February, is now over, the stiff breeze coming off the ocean does not allow for a true Spring feel. 

I'm not a fan of winter and it is kind of depressing to know the last frost day for our area is May 25th. 🙈

And around mid June the weather shifts dramatically and its summer.  







  "It was one of those beautiful days
when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold:
      when it's summer in the light
              and winter in the shade."            

                                                 by Charles Dickens 
                                                                                                                                           




But, even though I don't need to switch to Spring clothing to regulate my temperature, I still welcome a shuffle in the wardrobe as a form of self care.  I prefer options, instead of slogging on with the same pieces from my winter capsule. To me this would not be sustainable as it would breed dissatisfaction and discontent. Something easily remedied by switching out a few things from my stash. 

It's nice to pack away a few things and dig out a few pieces from my storage/out of season box to create this new capsule.  I also purchased my favourite sweater in a different shade and I replaced my go to camisole because it was torn beyond repair. I had been meaning to make these purchases for months and I'm excited to have these additions in my new capsule.


CAPSULE     INTENTIONS

- from wishlist additions only 
- purchase new underwear + socks (did not happen, carry over to summer)
- publish closet inventory (did not happen fully, carry over to summer)
- linen sewing projects for the summer capsule (carry over to summer)



S P R I N G   2 0 2 1   C A P S U L E   W A R D R O B E

So, let's have a look at my spring capsule. 
(I mark 'new' additions to my capsule with a * and new second hand pieces with **.  Additionally, I don't count accessories towards the 33 pieces of my capsule, but I will list them here anyways.)

JACKETS       

- navy extra warm parker
- green sports coat
- white jean jacket
- tan long cardigan
- tan knit poncho




TOPS  

- white camisole*
- white/blue striped t-shirt
- white adventure top




LONG SLEEVE TOPS   

- white sweater cardigan
- light pink sweater cardigan*
- black sweater
- white ruffle blouse




DRESSES   +   SKIRTS  

- navy blue pleated dress
- leopard print skirt




BOTTOMS   

- cream/tan houndstooth pants 
- white jeans
- mid wash high waisted jeans
- black pants



SHOES   

- black rain boots
- tan heeled boots
- black boots
- tan winter boots
- brown riding boots
- white sneakers




ACCESSORIES   

- everyday jewelry
- white scarf
- sunglasses
- black gloves
- black, brown and white belt




Thanks for checking out my new capsule.  I hope you could find some inspiration for your own.  Here is to sunnier days ahead ☀️🌷😃 

   ♡ Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment