Sunday, August 7, 2022

Summer 2022 Airstream Interior

Me and my husband Spencer live full time in an Airstream and I just love how bright and cozy our space feels this summer. ☀️

I enjoy seeing RV and tiny home tours, but I don't take nearly enough pictures of my tiny space.  

So here is a peak into my 2017 27' Flying Cloud Twin Travel Trailer (aka Aurora the Airstream).









OUTSIDE    

This is a view of our seasonal campsite for this summer. It's a shaded spot beneath the miniature oak and pine trees of the pine barrens in New Jersey. I have a tiny potted herb garden next to the rear of the trailer.

And of course I've painted the terra cotta pots to match the green color I use inside the trailer. 😃

Quotation from Happy City by Charles Montgomery

"Some psychologists point to the phenomenon dubbed the 'hedonic treadmill': the natural human tendency to shift our expectations along with our changing fortunes. The treadmill theory suggests that the richer you get, the more you compare yourself to other rich people and the faster the wheel of desire spins beneath your feet, so that you end up feeling as though you have not made any progress." 🙈🙈🙈








LIVING ROOM VIEW

Over the past year a few things have changed in this area:

- the living room TV was removed and the letter board was hung on the existing TV mount
- the microwave was donated and my favourite little oven is now in it's place (for baking sourdough bread and pizza)
- I finally found an Airstream size wall clock and the perfect spot for it
- and I'm slowly finding more ways to add touches of green




Nothing better then a fresh loaf of sourdough bread baked in the Airstream. 



This summer I thrifted 2 velvet pillow covers from the brand Pottery Barn and I added these to the dinette.
I like that these two and all other green pillows in the trailer don't exactly match and I'm looking forward to add more sisters not twins shades of green to Aurora the Airstream.





BEDROOM VIEW   

Yes, I keep a real plant in the Airstream!  It is a fiddle leaf fig.  It sits in a lined basket, enjoys just a tiny bit of water every now and then and needs a good shaking in order to encourage growth.  It's a perfect traveling plant.  This one has been around the country 3 times and has been with us for years and years.  The only issue is that within the next year 'Mildred' might be getting too big for the Airstream and will require some cutting back.

Recent changes that were made in the bedroom:
- I was given a blue plaster starfish.  After spray painting it green I decided to display it for the summer.
- The 4 green bedroom pillows (not all shown) came with gold tassels at the corners.  While this was a cute look for awhile I now really enjoy the clean look since I cut the tassels.






BATHROOM VIEWS     

I gave the bathroom a Spring refresh. 🌱

I painting the walls behind the toilet GREEN in an attempt to make this space feel less like an airplane lavatory and more like a home.

I choose green because it is one of my favourite colors and I try to have it sprinkled in every area of the Airstream.  The bathroom was the last frontier.




  



This is the view from the bedroom with the bathroom door open.  My husband and I like to swing the door open like this as a room divider instead of using the stiff curtains that are designed for this purpose. The back of the door hold a travel map on which I enjoy tracing our Airstream journey. 

It's a full US map that I trimmed the decorative edge off and then folded in half so that it fits on the back of the door. 

Until next time.
♡ Nina



The following list shows links to items I was asked about:

- HAT HOOKS: These hooks are used for lots of things in the trailer. 

- RUGS: I bought the rugs in two sizes: 2'4x7 and 2'6x3'10(2 of them). The rugs also comes in different colors and they wash well in the washing machine (mine have been washed more then 10 times) and dried on low. 
 
- PAINT COLOR: Behr - Truly Olive - Interior Semi Gloss Enamel

- US PILLOW: blank us states pillow from Primitives by Kathy 

- OVEN: great for baking, proofing, roasting and yogurt making

- CAST IRON: to bake sourdough bread


- REMOVABLE WALLPAPER, this is the wallpaper I used and then painted over.

- BATHROOM MIRROR:I removed the frame so I can still open the top cabinet

- ADHESIVE, for mirror: combination of 3M Tape and Nano Grip Tape

- US MAP 




No comments :

Post a Comment