Sunday, June 5, 2022

Minimalist Summer 2022 Capsule Wardrobe ☀️

Ultimately, with every capsule wardrobe my intention is to feel comfortable and well dressed at all times. 
Keeping things simple is key.
For years now, Project 333 has provided the simple formula to achieve this. That's why I'm still dressing according to it after so many years.
It's not because it makes me the most stylish woman or the most beautiful dressed one.  That's not it. It's because I feel comfortable and content with the way I dress. For me capsule dressing has removed all the self-doubt and other icky feelings about the way I perceived myself when I got dressed. This is not a small and insignificant feat.  Before using the capsule method I went through daily bouts of indecisiveness and self-loathing.

CURRENT   CLOTHING   PREFERENCES
At this stage in my capsule journey, instead of eliminating the negative that come with getting dressed each day, I can make small creative tweaks and thus add more joy.  Here is how this works for me at this point.  When replacing pieces or adding something new to my wardrobe I look for the following criteria:
- Comfortable Fit 
I like a true size for obvious reasons. Additionally, because of my asthma I prefer clothes to be loose around my neck and lightweight - so no heavy sweaters or jackets. I also prefer jeans, pants, shorts and skirts high waisted and I usually regret when I try a different fit.
- Quality Materials 
I prefer natural fibers when appropriate.
- Neutral & Light Colors 
Avoiding grey, red, black and busy patterns.
- Pieces That Can Pair With Many Others  
I like to be able use my creativity to make lots of different outfits instead of making lots of new purchases to get the 'exciting new outfit' feel. So when bringing something new in I like it to work with and compliment other pieces that I already own.

CAPSULE     INTENTIONS

With every capsule season I set a few intentions I like to let roll around in my mind and work on.  This time it's the following things.
- thrift a few pants and shirt for work
- reorganize my closets (pants and sweaters folded instead of hung) 
- wear a bikini to the pool/beach


S U M M E R   2 0 2 2   C A P S U L E   W A R D R O B E

So, let's have a look at the pieces in my summer capsule. 
(As usual, I mark 'new' additions to my capsule with a * and new second hand pieces with **.  Additionally, I don't count accessories towards the 33 pieces of my capsule, but I will list them here anyways.)

JACKETS       

1- white jean jacket
2- tan knit poncho
3- pink sweater cardigan

TOPS  

4- cream ribbed camisole
5- white camisole
6- white linen tank**
7- white linen blouse**
8- cream linen blouse
9- cream ruffle shirt**
10- light green linen tunic**
11- white adventure shirt
12- light green bodysuit**
13- white polo shirt**
14- white ALUMALINA graphic t-shirt

DRESSES   +   SKIRTS  

15- black jean skirt**
16- blue printed mini skirt
17- navy blue mini dress
18- white maxi lace dress**
19- white maxi dress

BOTTOMS   

20- white jeans
21- blue jeans
22- light pink pants**
23- jean shorts**
24- bermuda jean shorts

SHOES 

25- tan heeled booties
26- tan heeled slides
27- white heeled sandals
28- white sneakers
29- silver sneakers

ACCESSORIES   

30- everyday jewelry
31- sunglasses
32- black handbag
33- belts

OTHER (not counted)  

- bathrobe
- yoga outfits
- sleepwear (2 nightgowns, 2 corduroy leggings, 2 camisoles, 1 light sweatshirt) 
- shower slides


Thanks for checking out my summer capsule.  I hope you could find some inspiration for your own. ☀️ 

   ♡ Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment