Sunday, September 5, 2021

Fall 2021 Capsule Wardrobe 🍂

Ready, set, go!  Another season and another capsule wardrobe according to the rules of Project 333 - 33 pieces of clothing are worn for 3 months.

























But this is the capsule that almost didn't happen. 

I've been feeling so defeated lately.  So much so that I contemplated giving up on the capsule wardrobe 😞 


But realistically the structure of this capsule will simplify things and aid me at a time were
- I have a lot going on
- I’m stressed
- and sad
- and struggling with asthma.

In a months time, my husband and I will move into our Airstream and hit the road for the winter months.  I already know, all my clothes fit in the tiny RV closet, even when I don’t pack away my seasonal clothes.  
So I was tempted not to make a capsule.
It would mean one less thing for me to plan.
I would also have access to all my clothing pieces in case of unforeseen weather conditions.

But realistically, I should know after years of capsule dressing that there is no need for worrying.
I have enough and I will also be warm enough.

Keeping just my capsule pieces hanging in the closet will make the space feel neater and easier to maintain.  I do know and like this about capsule dressing.

Capsule planning is not an overwhelming task.  It takes me about 20 minutes to make all the clothing choices and swap things out.  Afterwards I don’t have to fret about what to wear and what goes together again.  This is something I used to struggle with every time I got dressed.  A vicious circle of frustration over fit and color matching that ended with clothes on the floor and negative self talk.
I don’t need to go back to that!
So, I’m not sure why I though giving up my capsule would take something off my plate.

Now, this fall capsule might not be my most inspired capsule, just a practical one.







  "Looking and feeling beautiful
                     is NOT a prerequisite to happiness."            

                                                 by Anuschka Rees              
                                                                                                                                           



 


F A L L    2 0 2 1   C A P S U L E   W A R D R O B E

So, let's have a look at my fall capsule. 
(I mark 'new' additions to my capsule with a * and new second hand pieces with **.  Additionally, I don't count accessories towards the 33 pieces of my capsule, but I will list them here anyways.)

JACKETS       

- cream peacoat**
- white jean jacket
- red corduroy jacket
- tan knit poncho
- teal fleece sweatshirt
- green vest cardigan

TOPS  

- cream tank blouse
- white adventure top
- cream lace blouse
- white Alumalina graphic tee*

LONG SLEEVE TOPS   

- white ruffle blouse
- white lace blouse
- cream turtleneck sweater
- light pink tunic
- blue tunic
- green sweatshirt

DRESSES   +   SKIRTS  

- blue mini dress 
- leopard print skirt
- black tennis skirt

BOTTOMS   

- cream/tan houndstooth pants 
- white jeans
- blue jeans
- high waisted jeans

SHOES   

- black rain boots
- black boots
- white sneakers
- silver sneakers
- tan booties
- brown sandals
- black flats

ACCESSORIES   

- everyday jewelry
- sunglasses
- gray camera bag & teal handbag
- white belt
- cream felt hat
- tan adventure hat

Thanks for checking out my new capsule.  I hope you could find some inspiration for your own.  😃 

   ♡ Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment