Sunday, January 2, 2022

2022 New Years Goals for Intentional Living

Happy New Year friends!

The past 2 years have brought so many changes and so much upheaval. 
And so much difficulty.  

I want a year of safety and stability and not worrying that my husband or my family members are going to become ill because of a pandemic.  Or, what’s the news going to say next. 

So a big theme in this years goals will be self care and bringing about a slow calm no matter what.

If the past two years have taught me anything it is that it is okay to pursue my interests at my own pace.
Free from a notion within myself that I need to master it and do so in an expedient way. 
Free from the perceived judgement of others. Turns out others don't pay that much attention to what I'm doing.
Freeing myself from the societal idea to commodify anything.  Any hobby, any interest or even just living.

So my motto for this year is:







  🌱
grow at your own pace
                        
                                                                                                                                           





GREEN    DREAMS     

- ENVIRONMENTAL CLEANUPS
□ regular campsite cleanups
In previous years I participated in seasonal cleanups throughout the year, but since going full time with the Airstream I have shifted the focus to picking up litter at campsites or rest area.
In this matter I will leave places better for the next visitor. It really is a shame that so many beautiful places are littered with trash; sometimes just a little, sometimes a lot.
#LeaveItBetterThanYouFoundIt #KeepNatureWild #KeepItBeautiful






This rest area on our way to Joshua Tree National Park had a nice view, but the amount of litter on the ground was disheartening: water bottle caps, beer cans, food wrappers, diapers etc.  Some people are trash!

- GENTLE ACTIVISM: 
□ continue the Zero Waste Book Club in 2022 
□ share more about my zero waste journey on my Instagram and this blog  

- FROM SCRATCH COOKING + SUMMER HERB GARDEN
□ try/learn one new recipe each week 
□ expand my baking reperpertoire >  purchasing fewer baked goods
□ seriously look into vegan cheese and yoghurt making
□ start a potted herb garden in Spring
□ learn about Ayurveda (as part of my Zero Waste Book Club)



- DISENGAGE FROM PLASTICS WHENEVER POSSIBLE (for health and environmental reasons).  
This is an ongoing effort of mine and my goals isn't being plastic free.  Plastic has its uses.  Sometimes, it is the best material to use for said application.  But not every object is best when it's made from plastic.
When buying, thrifting, creating or replacing something, I will opt for a plastic free option (if it's sensible).  This has been my intentions for the past few years.  To take the plastic purge a step further, I will remove one bit of plastic from my life once a week.  I started this habit in 2020 and I will continue it this year because it was an effective practice that brought on slow, but meaningful change.



GETTING    CREATIVE   

- DAILY MEMORY PLANNING WITH PHOTOS (a private endeavor) 
This hobby has been such a joy for me for many, many years and I'm so grateful I can be creative like this every day.

- DAILY CREATIVE PURSUITS:  
I want to focus on blogging, working on videos and compiling a cookbook.  My intention is to do at least 15 minutes of creating every day without the pressure of release schedules or deadlines.  If I feel happy and excited about my creation I will release it to the world.  If not, then it's just good fun for me to create.

- ADD OR CREATE SOMETHING WHITE EACH MONTH
I'm set this goal originally in 2019 because I'm having a difficult time creating the light and airy aesthetics that I enjoy.  Maybe you are one of these people that can think about creating something and then you go and create just that: draw, take a photo, set a table, remodel a room, create a capsule wardrobe.  With me something happens in the creative process in which I deviate from my vision and the result is layered, detailed and crayon colored. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm not sure why this is the case.  In 2019, 2020 and 2021 I had great success by adding something white each month and seeing my vision come together and I will therefore repeat my efforts this year.
 
- DRESSING WITH + CURATING FOREVER FAVOURITES
Since 2015 I have been keeping a seasonal capsule wardrobe according to the rules of Project 333.  I love the simplicity of this system and I'm NOT done learning from the process.  In 2022 I like to create capsule wardrobes that work best for full time Airstream living.
□ so far, I look forward to make a few donations this spring
□ make a closet inventory
□ start a 2022 clothing wishlist.
□ source new clothing from this wishlist and mostly from the thrift store

- AIRSTREAM INTERIOR DECORATING
Now that I have my own home - our cute little Airstream - I would like to focus on making the space be as functional and beautiful as I can.
For the most part this will involve organizational projects, most likely some decluttering, but I specifically plan to make changes to our tiny bathroom to make it more inviting and less like an airplane lavatory.
□ take more home pictures
□ bathroom projects (attach mirror compartment hinges, add wallpaper etc.)
□ car organization
□ and set up an outdoor living/garden space



PERSONAL    DEVELOPMENT    

- DAILY 15 MINUTE CLEAN
A few years ago I started on a daily 15 minute cleaning routine. It's working to keep our home clean for years and eliminates a lot of bickering about cleaning chores (who has cleaned up today and was it good enough?)so I will keep going with it.
This year, my husband and I have decided to expand this to put the focus on cleaning up after ourselves instead of leaving a mess that would have to be cleaned up generally. I'm not sure why this cleaning up after one self was abandoned in our marriage, but in 2022 it will be reinstated out of respect for each other. 

- COMPLETING TASKS
This is a continuation of an ambitious goal 2021 goal: unlearning habits and getting in the habit of completing tasks.  I'm not sure if it is a matter of lack of intentionality, but I have a habit of starting tasks and leaving a trail of 'disorder' in my wake which I later have to tidy.  I would love to be in the moment with things so that I won't have to retrace my steps all the time. Basically, I'm trying to relearn the kindergarten habit of putting my toys away after I'm done playing with them.  

- PRACTICE YOGA EVERY WEEK
□ Yoga with Adrienne 30 Day Challenge in January
□ Outdoor yoga classes in the summer

- PERSONAL CARE
□ develop simple and practical morning and evening routines
□ cultivate a peaceful and calm heart 



NEW YEAR , NEW    ADVENTURES   

- CREATE A BUCKET LIST FOR 2022
I will will update and add to this section as I go.  I strongly believe in planning, setting goals and orchestrating ones highlights.  While it might be possible to join someone else's fun or stumble across something awesome by chance, to me planning joyful experiences means that I will have less everyday and more real special moments throughout the year.  My motto always is 10% planning and 90% living my life.  No the way I so often see it, 90% running errants and preparing with little time to enjoy the moment.

□ dandelion projects and recipes 
□ visit 1 new National Park
□ visit New York City and Philadelphia this summer
□ U-Pick Blueberries in June
□ climb Barnegat Light Lighthouse
□ start a COOKBOOK TINY LIBRARY with The Little Free Library


I hope I could inspire you if you wanted to set goals for 2022.
    ♡ Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment