Monday, March 21, 2022

Minimalist Spring 2022 Capsule Wardrobe 🌸

I'm so relieved winter will be coming to an end soon and it's time for a closet audit and the creation of a new spring capsule wardrobe.  I like to do this audit 4 time a year in line with the seasons and as always I follow the rules of the minimalist fashion challenge Project 333.


As always I empty my closets and go through each piece one by one and sort them into piles.
- Keep in.
- Maybe.
- Off season.
- Donate.
Then, I grab my off season box of clothes, shoes and accessories and sort through each piece also.

While I go through my things I will ask the following questions:
- Is this in line with my personal preferences or style? (Fit, color, comfort and overall look.)
- Have I worn this piece recently?  Am I looking forward to wear it?
- What makes this a favorite or not?  Do I like seeing pictures of me wearing it?
- Is it season appropriate and should it go into the next capsule?
- Does the piece go with others to make a few outfit combinations?
Next, I will try one some of the 'maybe' pieces and any item I like to see how it pairs with other clothes.  All keepers go on a hanger and back into the closet. I take a final count of my items to keep the core capsule under 33 pieces and then I pack the rest of the clothes, shoes and accessories away in the off season box.
The whole process takes less than 1 hour and I'm left with a good feeling afterwards and a reset, tidy wardrobe.

CAPSULE     INTENTIONS

With every capsule season I set a few intentions I like to let roll around in my mind and work on.  This time it's the following things.
- no clothings purchases until April 2022
- publish my closet inventory 
- donate clothing (a few pieces I decided to part with)



S P R I N G   2 0 2 1   C A P S U L E   W A R D R O B E

So, let's have a look at the pieces in my spring capsule. 
(As usual, I mark 'new' additions to my capsule with a * and new second hand pieces with **.  Additionally, I don't count accessories towards the 33 pieces of my capsule, but I will list them here anyways.)

JACKETS       

- cream peacoat
- green jacket
- white jean jacket
- red corduroy jacket
- Pendleton shirt jacket**
- teal fleece sweatshirt
- tan long cardigan
- tan knit poncho
- green vest cardigan

TOPS  

- white cream lace blouse
- white lace top
- white adventure shirt
- white & blue striped tee

LONG SLEEVE TOPS   

- Carlsbad Cavern sweatshirt
- green sweatshirt
- white sweater cardigan
- white ruffle blouse
- white lace shirt

DRESSES   +   SKIRTS  

- navy blue dress
- black tennis skirt

BOTTOMS   

- cream/tan houndstooth pants 
- white jeans
- cream jeans
- blue jeans

SHOES   

- brown riding boots
- tan heeled booties
- tan heeled slides
- white heeled sandals
- tan sandals
- silver sneakers

ACCESSORIES   

- everyday jewelry
- sunglasses
- gray camera bag/black handbag/brown satchel
- belts
- cream felt hat
- black gloves

OTHER  

- bathrobe
- yoga outfits
- sleepwear (2 nightgowns, 2 corduroy leggings, 2 camisoles) 
- 2 camisole undershirts
- 2 thin sweatshirts (to wear underneath my flannel or to bed)


Thanks for checking out my new capsule.  I hope you could find some inspiration for your own.  Happy Spring 😃 

   ♡ Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment