Monday, March 28, 2016

Overnight Apple Oatmeal

Overnight oatmeal in a jar.  I know, it sounds gimmicky, but it's what I have most mornings;  it's a practical grab and go breakfast and pretty yummy as well.  I understand there is a lack of breakfast recipes on this blog, but this is mainly because my breakfasts are nothing extraordinary and rarely require a recipe.  I love a good mono-meal of fruit and I'm also a big fan of oatmeal.  Most of the time I'm actually having my breakfast on the train as the sun comes up.  Once I made it out of the house and on the train, I'm a little more awake and I don't feel rushed. 






I N G R E D I E N T S

1 cup Rolled Organic Oats

1 small Granny Smith Apple;  grated

1 Tbsp. Almonds;  chopped

1 Tbsp. Golden Raisins (optional)

1 tsp. Brown Sugar

1/4 tsp. Flax Seeds

1/4 tsp. Cinnamon

1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract

1 cup unsweetened Coconut or Almond Milk

(oh, you will also need a medium size mason jar with a lid)


P R E P A R A T I O N S 

Wash the apple and then use a coarse grater to process the apple.  I actually just quarter and core the apple and then just start grating the pieces with the peel on.  This way the skin of the apple acts as a layer of protection for my finger tips as I run the apple slices over the microplane.  In the end the apple is nicely shredded and the skin is leftover.

Next, layer the shredded apple and the dry ingredients in the mason jar, close the lid and shake to mix everything. 

Once everything looks evenly mixed, pour in the vanilla extract and the coconut milk.  

As a final step, close the lid and store in the refrigerator.

If you take this breakfast to work or school (or eat it at home) just add about two tablespoon of coconut milk or water in the morning.  Also, don't forget to pack a napkin and a spoon.  
SignatureEnd
        Nina

HUNGRY FOR MORE BREAKFAST OPTIONS?  Here are my other recipes:  Banana-Nut OatmealBreakfast ScramblePerfect Vegan PancakesOn the Go Breakfast Oatmeal

No comments :

Post a Comment