Sunday, September 3, 2017

My Fall Capsule Wardrobe 2017 + Closet Tour

My fall capsule wardrobe for 2017 has started. 🍂  
The pieces I selected for this season are more then ever about having comfortable fit and being casual in style.  As I’m starting the fall capsule, I’m also celebrating my two year anniversary of dressing with the rules of Project 333.  I can't believe two years have passed already.  I still remember how much I hesitated to make my first capsule.  It seemed such an impossible task.  I'm glad it wasn't and I'm grateful for all I'm learning from my ongoing experiment.

Now I like each capsule a little bit more and I quite enjoy creating new seasonal ones.



For me, one of the best ways to know what I'm working with is making it visual.  I've tried listing out what's in my capsule.  This probably bored my readers as much as it bored me and no one but myself could picture the contents of the capsule by reading my 'laundry' list.  

Next, I've tried making collages that showed the individual pieces of clothing.  These collages were useful for me because they showed a simplified and orderly picture of my belongings.   It helped me see how well everything worked together and it spurned me to be a bit more creative in the way I put outfits together.


This time, I decided to give the video format a try and I'm hoping film will aid me to show the contents of my capsule and wardrobe to others.  I hope it will work out alright and you enjoy having a closer look inside my closet!



Besides showing the pieces of my fall capsule and the setup in my closet, I also talk about my storage for off season pieces and where I keep "extras" like swim-, active-, sleep- and underwear.  

Another thing I wanted to show is a bag filled with donations that I just pulled from my closet.  Believe it or not, after two years of capsule dressing and years of pursuing minimalism, I find that I’m still minimizing my possessions.  Each season I’m surprised that I have a shopping bag worth of donations that no longer have a place in my life.  At this very moment, my donation bag is full and I can’t imagine parting with any more items.  But this might change after three months living and growing as a person and then going through all my things again in order to set up my winter capsule.  We will see...

Here's my selection for fall:

J A C K E T S   (2)
1 - jean jacket
2 - olive green parker

S H O R T   T O P S   (4)
3 - white/blue striped shirt
4 - grey lace shirt
5 - blue/white striped shirt
6 - cream lace shirt

L O N G   T O P S   (9)
7 - black mockneck shirt
8 - olive v-neck sweater
9 - navy blue v-neck sweater
10 - open navy cardigan
11 - dark blue cardigan
12 - chambray button down
13 - white button down
14 - white/blue striped peplum button down
15 - buffalo check peplum flannel

D R E S S E S   (4)
16 - dark denim dress
17 - black/white flare dress
18 - navy blue pleated dress
19 - navy blue button up dress

B O T T O M S   (4)
20 - white jeans
21 - light blue jeans
22 - blue crop jeans
23 - white shorts

S H O E S   (5)
24 - black hiking sandals
25 - white tennis shoes
26 - brown loafers
27 - black lace up chunky heel boots NICORA
28 - black chunky heel sandals

A C C E S S O R I E S   (3)
29 - everyday jewelry
30 - sunglasses
31 - blue striped scarf
32 - ???
33 - ???


That's that.  What's your experience with your donation pile?  I’d love to hear your thoughts if you care to share.  For more information on the concept of capsule dressing, I recommend visiting Courtney Carver's website (linked here). 

Curious about my previous capsules?  You can find them here:


Enjoy and have a fantastic day!
   ♡ Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment