Sunday, March 1, 2020

My Spring Capsule Wardrobe 2020 🌼

Yay, Spring is here and I would like to share what I'm planning to wear this March, April and May!  

I'm so excited to jump into this new capsule season.
For one, because the weather will get nicer soon and I'm ready to shed my winter layers.
But also, because I really wasn't that happy with my winter capsule.





I threw my winter capsule together very casually from the items I had because I had decides months prior that I wanted to feature all my red clothes around Christmas.  
Not my best idea.
I'm always drawn to the color red.
But I just don't like wearing red.
Basically, I wanted to give all the red things I've hoarded a chance.


Two weeks into my winter capsule, I realized the mistake I made.  
You can read about it even in my winter capsule post.  
I would say it was the most difficult capsule I had since my very first one.  ðŸ™ˆ
  
Now, some of my red thing made it to the thrift store.  I liked all the items, but I felt ugly wearing them.  
Goodbye!  

Getting rid of things is actually not that easy for me, but this red themed capsule experiment was a full on ripping off the bandaid experience.  And now I think I've learned my lesson! ☹️




Z E R O   W A S T E   +   C A P S U L E   W A R D R O B E S

At first glance, a curated capsule wardrobe has little to do with sustainable living and zero waste.

I'm aware that some people regard a focus on what we wear as a frivolity for the vain, but I don't agree with this sentiment.

All of our belongings, including clothes impacts the way we live and the way we feel about ourselves.  So, even with clothes there is a true opportunity to be intentional.

I'm capsule dressing because I'm interested in creating a beautiful and intentional life.  This intentionality includes what I'm wearing.  And my intentionality lead to much slower consumption habits, more comfort and feeling good about the things I owned and feeling good wearing my clothes.

But it was a process to get there.

I started with Project 333 in the fall of 2015 because I wanted to be intentional with my clothing choices, but at the same time I didn't know what I liked, what was important to me and so I welcomed a structure to follow.  

And because this structure worked for me since the very beginning I have kept dressing according to the rules of Project 333 since then.
Every single season I've designed a new capsule.
And I've learned and discovered my values, likes and preferences throughout the process.
It's an evolving one.



You can have a peek at all my capsules with these posts:

2019
My Winter Capsule Wardrobe 2019
My Fall Capsule Wardrobe 2019
My Summer Capsule Wardrobe 2019
My Spring Capsule Wardrobe 2019

2018
Winter Capsule 2018 - Curating A Plastic-Free Wardrobe 
Fall Capsule 2018
Summer Capsule 2018
Spring Capsule 2018

2017
2017 Winter Capsule Recap + Closet Tour




 

2 0 2 0   S P R I N G   C A P S U L E   W A R D R O B E 

(new to me items, pieces bought second hand, are marked with a *)

J A C K E T S   (4)

- tan peacoat
- grey jacket
- tan knit poncho
- jean jacket





S H O R T   S L E E V E   T O P S   (5)
- cream shell blouse
- blue/white striped t-shirt
- printed blouse
- black/white striped t-shirt
- Yellowstone graphic t-shirt







L O N G   S L E E V E   T O P S   (6)
- light pink sweater
- cream braided sweater
- black v-neck sweater
- tan sweater / cardigan set
- blue striped blouse
- white thermal









D R E S S E S   (4)
white printed maxi dress
- spring flower dress
- denim dress
- teal dress






B O T T O M S   (6)

- high waisted white jeans
- white jeans
- mid wash high waisted jeans
- green pants
- black pants
- printed skirt






S H O E S   (5)

- black rain boots
- tan winter boots
- tan heeled boots
- white heal sandal
- pink flats







A C C E S S O R I E S   

- everyday jewelry
- sunglasses
- white scarf 
- teal handbag
- black gloves
- black, brown and white belts







For more information on the concept of capsule dressing, I recommend visiting Courtney Carver's website (linked here). 



♡ Nina

No comments :

Post a Comment